CME Requirements for Florida Relicensure
In order to retain their Florida Licenses, Osteopathic physicians must earn a set number of hours of Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit.
- Each physician must complete a total of 40 CME hours, 20 of which must be AOA Category 1-A.
Included in the 40 hours, there are five (5) Mandatory Hours required for Florida relicensure (Each Licensure Period) and cannot be taken by Correspondence. The Following must be LIVE, PARTICIPATORY credits.
- 2 hours of Prevention of Medical Errors.
- 1 hour of Professional Ethics and Florida Laws and Rules
- 2 hours of the NEW Prescribing of Controlled Substances (Opioid)
In addition to the above 5 hours, you are required to take 2 hours of Domestic Violence every six years. This may be taken by correspondence:
2 hours of Domestic Violence every 6 years Starting 4/1/06, 4/1/12, 4/1/18
For New Licensees Only:
- 1 hour of HIV/AIDS must be taken before the end of your FIRST licensure renewal. All those that are not in their first two years of licensure are NOT REQUIRED to take an HIV/AIDS course.
Only 8 hours of Correspondences courses can be counted towards your 40 total hours required for relicensure
REMEMBER: Any FOMA CME meeting you attend you will receive ALL of your MANDATORY hours and those hours will be reported to CE Broker and the AOA for you as a member benefit !
(Previous) April 1, 2016- March 31, 2018
(Current) April 1, 2018- March 31, 2020
(Next) April 1, 2020- March 31, 2022